I’m not very good at staying in on the weekend. I never have been since I discovered alcohol at the age of 14/15.
Normally I have various social engagements, friends to meet, parties to attend. But this time I am purposely avoiding any kind of insalubrious occasion. Not only do I want to improve health a bit by abstaining – my bank balance is totally depleted, or will be when I repay the overpaid housing benefit.
I have to now think of the big picture – Eastern Electrics and moving house in August, Free House Project and Ibiza in September. Especially Free House Project and my fledgling superstar DJ career, as I do need to practice and get my music up to date.
So with no parties and no socialising, what am I going to do?
I have a very exciting list:
1. Return unused wellies for a refund.
2. Bank a cheque for £12.
3. Get a photo and season ticket for the train so I can save £2 a week.
4. Write to the council and advise I am only willing to repay £400 of the £1,600 I owe them, and that is a gesture of goodwill.
5. A trip to Poundland, or maybe 99p shop, to stock up on toiletries.
6. A trip to Morrisons to stock up on Gravy. And stuffing balls.
7. Catch up with washing, ironing and maybe a spot of cleaning.
8. Open the previous month’s post.
Rock and frigging bread roll.
Is this what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life?
Is this what people who don’t party do every weekend?
It’s all good though, I’m still on a post-Cocoon In Ze Park high, and it will give me chance to concentrate on music, and maybe, finally, my website.