Time to set myself some goals. And yes, guess what, I am going to blog about it. Always good to have these things in public I think!
1. Most importantly, try my hardest to find a good new job. Even if I have to take a not so good one at first, I will have a good job that I get satisfaction from again.
2. Open at least one business. Preferably two. I have an idea, it is quite simple, it might work, it might not. There really is no excuse for not doing this by end of February.
3. Launch at least one website. Ideally two, possibly three. Again, ditto above, there is no reason why one cannot be finished by the end of February.
4. Continue to learn how to DJ, do more DJ mixes, and play out somewhere. It doesn’t really matter where unless it is run by a bunch of soulless arseholes.
5. At least do all I can to look into running an event with house music. I have ideas which need looking into properly but for now 1-4 are my priorities.
6. Go to Ibiza. This year will be my 10th time. Yes I know I am unemployed but I have budgeted for it.
7. Go to Cocoon In The Park. There is no way that I will not be going, assuming Sven, Ricardo, etc are playing. 7th July is the date.
8. Go back to Frankfurt. I really want to go back to Cocoon and take a few people with me that haven’t been before. I can live without doing this though, if funds do not permit.
9. Go to a new country. Even if I have to go by myself. I have only been to 9 countries and I am 32. This is silly. Again though, it depends on funds.
10. Go clubbing 12 times, and don’t always go to fabric – go somewhere else! Looking forward to, erm, fabric on 14th January. Did I mention Sven is in London on 18th May?
11. Do another couple of pieces of art.
12. Go to Hull 4 times, and Northampton once.
13. Find someone to play badminton with on at least a monthly basis.
14. Lose some of this sodding weight that I put on last year – I reached 90kg by December, and considering that I started 2011 on 78kg, this is bad, it must be stopped and must be reversed. 83kg is a sensible goal for 2012 I think.
15. Ignore the Olympics, except to go to London and persuade some innocent virgin Americans to go to some grotty club in Shoreditch.
That will do for now.
I might add to it as the year goes on if priorities change.