I thought I would write something useful for a change for my friends in Reading, as the train station platform numbers are changing soon, I think over Christmas, as follows:
- Platform 1, 2, 3 – (currently platforms 1, 2 & 3) West facing bay platforms. Platforms 1 and 2 for local services to Basingstoke, Newbury and Bedwyn, and platform 3 for Cross Country reversing trains.
- Platform 4, 5, 6 — (new platform adjacent to Apex Plaza & current platforms 4a & 4b) East facing bay platforms. Used for services on the North Downs line and to London Waterloo, and for the proposed Airtrack Scheme. Airtrack now cancelled as of 2011.
- Platform 7 – (currently platform 4) Down trains for the Newbury route and for reversing Cross Country services.
- Platform 8, 9 – (currently platforms 5 & 8) Two Down Main platforms for SWML Paddington – Bristol – S Wales
- (current platforms 6 & 7 will not be used following the redevelopment. Platform 7 will be taken out of use in Dec 2011. Platform 6 will be renumbered as 16 from Dec 27th 2011, and will remain in use temporarily.)
- Platform 10, 11 – (currently platforms 9 & 10) Two Up Main platforms for SWML Paddington – Bristol – S Wales
- Platform 12, 13, 14 & 15 – (New platforms on site of former goods sidings)Up and Down Relief line platforms for stopping services.
Aren’t I good to you?!